- 1 What is Chevrolet MyLink touch?
- 2 Is Chevy MyLink free?
- 3 How do I update my Chevy touch screen?
- 4 Can I download Chevy MyLink?
- 5 How do I know if my car has Chevy MyLink?
- 6 How much does Chevy MyLink cost?
- 7 How do I connect my Chevy MyLink to WiFi?
- 8 How do I get navigation on my Chevy MyLink?
- 9 Can I update MyLink myself?
- 10 How do I update my old Chevy MyLink?
- 11 Can I upgrade my Chevy MyLink?
- 12 Is OnStar worth keeping?
- 13 Can my Chevy app unlock car?
What is Chevrolet MyLink touch?
Chevrolet MyLink is a feature that comes with either a 7- or an available 8-inch diagonal color touchscreen. It connects and integrates some of your smartphone’s3 features with your vehicle so that communication, navigation7 (if equipped) and entertainment features are within easy reach.
Is Chevy MyLink free?
Yes, a subscription is required, but most Chevrolet models come with a three-month trial subscription of the SiriusXM All Access Package, which includes satellite radio and streaming.
How do I update my Chevy touch screen?
Updating Chevy MyLink Auto to Allow App Access
- Press the phone button on the Chevrolet MyLink screen.
- Select “Pair Device.”
- Select “Chevy MyLink” from your phone’s Bluetooth menu.
- Your phone will display a message with a pin number — enter this number into the vehicle’s touchscreen.
Can I download Chevy MyLink?
Wondering how to perform a Chevy MyLink update? It’s actually quite simple. The system should update on its own each time you turn the vehicle on. There is no Chevy MyLink update download required.
How do I know if my car has Chevy MyLink?
Chevrolet MyLink is an optional feature. If your vehicle has it, it will have either a 7- or 8-inch color touchscreen in the middle of your instrument panel, just above your radio.
How much does Chevy MyLink cost?
The Remote Access Plan is available for $14.99 per month. Check here for more plans and pricing information.
How do I connect my Chevy MyLink to WiFi?
How to Connect to Chevy WiFi
- Go to Settings on your touchscreen and click WiFi.
- Choose “Manage WiFi networks.” If you’ve already purchased or set up your WiFi, you should see a hotspot available.
- Click your vehicle’s hotspot, and get a default password.
- Go to settings on your mobile device.
If your vehicle includes the MyLink Navigation System, you will be able to see a Navigation icon on your vehicle touchscreen. If your paid OnStar or Connected Services plan includes Turn-by-Turn Navigation, you can access it by pressing your blue OnStar button or tapping the OnStar icon on your vehicle touchscreen.
Can I update MyLink myself?
When Chevy MyLink software updates are available, they automatically update when you turn your car on. If for some reason you suspect that your Chevrolet MyLink update isn’t happening, give our technicians a call at (248) 795-1841.
How do I update my old Chevy MyLink?
Just follow these steps:
- Select the phone icon on the home screen of your infotainment system.
- Select “Pair Devices.”
- Then go to your smartphone’s Bluetooth menu and select Chevy MyLink.
- Your phone will display a message with a PIN number, which you’ll then want to enter into the touchscreen of your infotainment system.
Can I upgrade my Chevy MyLink?
There’s no need to fuss over your car’s electronic system to get Chevy MyLink on the latest update. In fact, all you need to do to get the latest Chevrolet Mylink software update is turn on your vehicle! When a new MyLink update is available, your car will automatically fetch and install the program.
Is OnStar worth keeping?
OnStar’s Security pack is well worth the money. I am just going to say it, no beating around the bush, there is nothing that beats their security. They have a system that alerts you if your alarm goes off, but that has the potential to get annoying.
Can my Chevy app unlock car?
Long-Range Access. Some of the features included with the myChevrolet app, like the ability to lock and unlock your Chevrolet vehicle and remotely start it (if equipped with remote start), are also available from the key fob.