- 1 How do you use iTrip on iPhone?
- 2 What does a Griffin iTrip do?
- 3 How do I set up an FM transmitter?
- 4 Can I use my iPhone as an FM transmitter?
- 5 What is iTrip for iPhone?
- 6 How do I connect my Griffin clip to iTrip?
- 7 Are FM transmitters illegal?
- 8 Why does my FM transmitter have static?
- 9 Why does my FM transmitter not work?
- 10 What’s the best frequency for a FM transmitter?
- 11 How do I find open FM frequencies?
How do you use iTrip on iPhone?
Just plug iTrip into the Dock Connector, press the SmartScan button and you’re set. SmartScan finds the clearest frequency in your area to play your music through your car or home stereo speakers without hassles or wires. And Griffin’s SmartSound adjusts signal strength for the clearest sound possible.
What does a Griffin iTrip do?
Griffin Technology’s iTrip Auto is the newest member of the iTrip family, a line of FM transmitters designed for the Apple iPod. The device can extract audio from any iPod with a dock connector and is controlled by an in-line remote that is powered by a cigarette lighter.
How do I set up an FM transmitter?
Power on the car stereo. Turn the volume down on the car stereo. Set the car stereo to FM. To install the transmitter, follow the steps below:
- Rotate the Frequency select dial to select the same frequency that you set on the car stereo.
- Connect the stereo mini plug to the headphone jack on the portable audio device.
Can I use my iPhone as an FM transmitter?
Do you have an iPhone and often wonder if you could install an FM Transmitter app on it to use the iPhone as an FM transmitter? Unfortunately, the simple answer is you can’t. iPhones are great communication devices but they do not have the necessary hardware to receive signals on their own.
What is iTrip for iPhone?
The Griffin iTrip Auto for iPod, iPad, and iPhone, with Lightning Connector features an FM transmitter and integrated charger, powered from your car’s 12-volt accessory outlet. To set up the iTrip, just press the SmartScan button and it will find the best FM frequency for you.
How do I connect my Griffin clip to iTrip?
You simply plug in the headphone cable into the headphone jack on the clip. Then, you pair the device to your phone. The iTrip Clip supports Bluetooth 4.1 and it provides a very solid connection. It has a range of approximately 30 feet and it will work up to 6 hours on a full charge.
Are FM transmitters illegal?
If you broadcast on an FM transmitter at more than 1/25th of a watt, then you are operating an illegal “pirate radio station”. The Federal Communications Commission considers unauthorized broadcast operation to be a serious matter.
Why does my FM transmitter have static?
If the audio you feed into your FM transmitter is too low, you’ll hear a lot of static because there is always some static in the background, and you have to turn the sound up a TON to get your music feed.
Why does my FM transmitter not work?
If the transmitter does not function properly, check if the wires and cables are installed correctly, connected to the right connections, and secured tightly in place. Check the device’s manual to make sure that the device is installed properly and tighten all necessary connections.
What’s the best frequency for a FM transmitter?
The FM Transmitter is one of the few transmitting devices available that is FCC approved. Choose any FM frequency between: 88.1 MHz to 107.9 MHz. Enter your City (or Zip Code) and State to find the best unused FM Frequencies in your area. Using unused frequencie will ensure optimal performance with your FM Transmitter.
How do I find open FM frequencies?
Tools to Find Open FM Frequencies
- ClearFM: This free iOS app uses the GPS features on your iPhone to determine your location and give you the best open frequencies in your current area.
- Radio-Locator: The Radio-Locator website can help you find open signals by city, state, and ZIP code.