- 1 Can I listen to FM radio on my phone?
- 2 How do I activate the radio on my phone?
- 3 Is there an app for FM radio?
- 4 Which Samsung phones have FM radio?
- 5 How can I listen to radio without using data?
- 6 How do I turn on the radio on my Android?
- 7 What is the best FM radio app?
- 8 Which phones have built in FM radio?
- 9 How do I know if my phone has an FM chip?
- 10 Does listening to the radio on your phone use data?
Can I listen to FM radio on my phone?
Apps like NextRadio and TuneIn allow smartphone users to still listen to FM radio, both over the air and using the internet. Still, both NextRadio and TuneIn allow Android users to begin listening to their favorite FM stations on a device that’s always in their pocket, which is, in some ways, a small miracle.
How do I activate the radio on my phone?
You can open NextRadio by tapping “Open” in the Google Play Store, or you can tap the icon with a blue radio on your home screen or Apps drawer. If your Android device is capable of receiving an FM radio signal, a message displays that says “Lucky You! Your device is FM enabled so you can enjoy live, local FM radio”.
Is there an app for FM radio?
Some Android phones come with built-in FM transmitter functionality, in which case you can use this natively or with a free app such as Quick FM Transmitter and then broadcast the MP3 and other audio files on your phone to your car radio.
Which Samsung phones have FM radio?
In America and Canada, most phones in the Galaxy S range have FM radio, including the S4 Mini, S5, S5 Sport, S6, S6 Edge, S6 Edge Plus and the standard, Edge, Plus and Active versions from S7 to S9.
How can I listen to radio without using data?
To listen to FM radio without data, you need a phone with a built-in FM radio chip, an FM radio app, and earbuds or headphones. NextRadio is a good Android app that lets you listen without data (if the phone has an FM chip) and includes a basic tuner.
How do I turn on the radio on my Android?
- Open the phone app.
- Dial *#*#4636#*#* to access the Android testing screen.
- Tap Phone information.
- Scroll down to Cellular/Mobile Radio Power.
- If toggled off, tap the slider to turn the radio on. Wait a few moments to ensure that the setting remains on.
What is the best FM radio app?
Top 5 Best Radio Apps for Android in 2019
- 1 – TuneIn Radio – Unveil Up to 100.000 Radio Stations. TuneIn radio application comes with up to 100,000 radio stations.
- 2 – Audials Radio App. Are you looking for a powerful radio app for android?
- 3 – PCRADIO – Radio Online.
- 4 – iHeartRadio.
- 5 – Xiialive.
Which phones have built in FM radio?
This list includes the Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini, Galaxy S5, Galaxy S5 Sport, Galaxy S6, Galaxy S6 Edge, Galaxy S6 Edge Plus, Galaxy S7, S7 Edge, and S7 Active. THe Galaxy Note 3, Galaxy Note Edge, Galaxy Note 4, and Galaxy Note 5 are ready for FM radio as well.
How do I know if my phone has an FM chip?
Check if you have an FM Radio chip
- Samsung: On some Samsung phones you can use the code * # 0 * # in the phone app.
- Xiaomi: For product phones you must write code * # * # 64844 # * # * in the phone app.
- Sony: Code to use on Sony * phones # # # 7378423 # * # *
Does listening to the radio on your phone use data?
Do all radio apps use data? If you have an Android phone with an FM tuner you might be able to use the built-in tuner without the radio. Otherwise, you’re stuck. Since most radio apps use the same audio codecs to transmit audio information over the internet, they’ll generally use the same amount of data.