- 1 Can you listen to FM radio on iPhone?
- 2 Why there is no FM radio in iPhone?
- 3 How do I turn my phone into a FM radio?
- 4 Can you get radio on iPhone without Internet?
- 5 Is there a free radio app for iPhone?
- 6 What is the best FM radio app for iPhone?
- 7 Where is the radio tab on my iPhone?
- 8 Can cell phones receive FM radio?
- 9 How do I get radio stations on my phone?
- 10 How can I get radio without Internet?
- 11 Does listening to the radio on an iPhone use data?
- 12 How do I know if my phone has an FM chip?
Can you listen to FM radio on iPhone?
Unlike some Android phones, the iPhone does not have any sort of AM or FM tuner built in, which means that you can’t use your iPhone to dial into any local radio stations. Here are a few of the best options to listen to radio on your iPhone.
Why there is no FM radio in iPhone?
Again, the radios do not exist in iPhones and haven’t for over a year now. iPhone 7 and iPhone 8 models do not have FM radio chips in them nor do they have antennas designed to support FM signals, so it is not possible to enable FM reception in these products.
How do I turn my phone into a FM radio?
If your phone has a built-in FM radio tuner, but didn’t come with a stock app that lets you access it, then NextRadio is your best bet. The set-up process is simple—just install the app, then if your device is supported, you’ll be able to tune in on live FM broadcasts.
Can you get radio on iPhone without Internet?
To listen to FM radio without data, you need a phone with a built-in FM radio chip, an FM radio app, and earbuds or headphones. The only way to listen to FM radio on an iPhone is with an app, and these apps only work when you have a decent data connection.
Is there a free radio app for iPhone?
The iHeartRadio app for iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch is easy to use and best of all, it’s FREE. Download the iHeartRadio iOS app today and enjoy your favorite music, live & local radio stations, playlists, and podcasts!
What is the best FM radio app for iPhone?
Looking for the best radio app for iPhone? Check out TuneIn, iHeartRadio, and other great iOS apps for listening to radio. Finally, the best radio apps should receive frequent updates to fix bugs and add new features.
- TuneIn Radio. Image Gallery (3 Images)
- iHeartRadio. Image Gallery (3 Images)
- myTuner Radio.
Where is the radio tab on my iPhone?
Here’s how to do it.
- Open the Music app on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch.
- Click on the Radio icon in the lower menu bar.
- From here, you should see a few options for Beats 1 and other stations.
Can cell phones receive FM radio?
Well, here’s a news flash: You probably can. Most smartphones include integrated chipsets that offer a variety of wireless technologies, such as Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and FM radio. Major US carriers now allow FM chips to be turned on. Manufacturers like Samsung, LG, HTC and Motorola have activated FM radio on their phones.
How do I get radio stations on my phone?
Find your favorite radio stations
- On your phone, click on the App Store (for iPhone users) or Google Play (for Android users)
- Search for “iHeartRadio” or simply “radio apps”
- Find one you like and click download (be careful, not all of them are free)
How can I get radio without Internet?
FM Radio on Android However, you can sometimes unlock the FM radio tuner by using an app. If your Android has an FM tuner and is compatible with the app, you might be able to use the NextRadio app to listen to the radio without using the internet, but only if this is already installed on your phone.
Does listening to the radio on an iPhone use data?
In general, an hour of listening to a radio station from your phone uses around 60MB. This is because connecting to a 128kbps stream uses around 1MB per minute. To make it even simpler, if you use the radio via mobile data to and from work for a month, then you will only use up more or less 2.5GB.
How do I know if my phone has an FM chip?
You can open NextRadio by tapping “Open” in the Google Play Store, or you can tap the icon with a blue radio on your home screen or Apps drawer. If your Android device is capable of receiving an FM radio signal, a message displays that says “Lucky You! Your device is FM enabled so you can enjoy live, local FM radio”.