- 1 How do I get my FM transmitter to work?
- 2 Why is FM Transmitter not working?
- 3 Why does my FM Transmitter have static?
- 4 Are FM transmitters illegal?
- 5 What’s the best frequency for a FM transmitter?
- 6 How do I find open FM frequencies?
- 7 Is there an FM transmitter app?
- 8 How do I get my radio station to play my music?
- 9 Is there an FM transmitter app for iPhone?
- 10 How can I play my phone through my radio?
How do I get my FM transmitter to work?
Select an FM frequency between 88.1 MHz and 107.9 MHz that is not currently being used. To install the transmitter, follow the steps below:
- Rotate the Frequency select dial to select the same frequency that you set on the car stereo.
- Connect the stereo mini plug to the headphone jack on the portable audio device.
Why is FM Transmitter not working?
If the transmitter does not function properly, check if the wires and cables are installed correctly, connected to the right connections, and secured tightly in place. Check the device’s manual to make sure that the device is installed properly and tighten all necessary connections.
Why does my FM Transmitter have static?
If the audio you feed into your FM transmitter is too low, you’ll hear a lot of static because there is always some static in the background, and you have to turn the sound up a TON to get your music feed.
Are FM transmitters illegal?
If you broadcast on an FM transmitter at more than 1/25th of a watt, then you are operating an illegal “pirate radio station”. The Federal Communications Commission considers unauthorized broadcast operation to be a serious matter.
What’s the best frequency for a FM transmitter?
The FM Transmitter is one of the few transmitting devices available that is FCC approved. Choose any FM frequency between: 88.1 MHz to 107.9 MHz. Enter your City (or Zip Code) and State to find the best unused FM Frequencies in your area. Using unused frequencie will ensure optimal performance with your FM Transmitter.
How do I find open FM frequencies?
Tools to Find Open FM Frequencies
- ClearFM: This free iOS app uses the GPS features on your iPhone to determine your location and give you the best open frequencies in your current area.
- Radio-Locator: The Radio-Locator website can help you find open signals by city, state, and ZIP code.
Is there an FM transmitter app?
Some Android phones come with built-in FM transmitter functionality, in which case you can use this natively or with a free app such as Quick FM Transmitter and then broadcast the MP3 and other audio files on your phone to your car radio.
How do I get my radio station to play my music?
To get your song played on the radio, either you or your radio promotion company approaches program directors/ music directors at radio stations. You’ll then need to promote your song to them using a combination of press releases or one-sheets, phone calls, and faxes.
Is there an FM transmitter app for iPhone?
FM-Transmitter helps you control your FM Transmitter from your iPhone or iPad. Simply plug-in the transmitter and then use the app on your phone to tune, display, scan, or clear the frequencies on your FM Transmitter.
How can I play my phone through my radio?
Just use an 1/8″ to 1/8″ auxiliary cable (available at RadioShack or any electronics store) and connect it from your phone’s headphone jack to the car stereo’s aux input. Some cars come with bluetooth built into the stereo, and if your car has it, check the owner’s manual to find out how to pair it with your phone.